Monday, November 17, 2008

My History Repeating Itself

When I was younger, I would draw the infamous "peace love and happiness" on everything.  It was like my slogan.  I don't even know if I understood what that meant.  I cringe when I think about that on my trapper keeper.

I literally drew that symbol everywhere. I think I may have even written "flower power" with the "o's" as flowers.  Oh, so very creative of me.

When I was in fourth grade, I took a yearbook picture in a tye-dye shirt with these beaded earrings and my sister told me I looked like Janis Joplin.

When I was a senior in high school I became really attached to tye-dye again, and wore it all the time.  So much, that when I entered college I had a few good friends that called me a hippie.

That was years ago.  I am totally passed it.  

Until now.  

Tonight I found myself googling peace sign necklaces and I envisioned myself wearing them in photos and walking out of my apartment complex holding up two in a very peaceful manner to whomever was passing by.

I think my history is repeating itself.  Although, without going into too much detail,  I think I might understand this whole peace thing a bit better this time around, at least I am trying.  


 Or maybe I am just a hippie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember that in addition to writing peace signs, you also created your own HANSON symbol?? I remember you giving me a piece of paper that had been artfully decorated with the Hanson word/symbol you used to write everywhere!!

kim said...

Oh, I, like, totally had a trapper keeper too. I am going to give a little "gift" for you to you through your mom--it may fulfill the longings of your google search.

Heather of the EO said...

You're totally a hippie :)