Thursday, November 6, 2008

Starting: Seminary Moments


There are just too many precious gems that are said in my seminary classes to not blog about them.

Lets make it clear that I love my classes.  I learn tons, and most of that comes out here in posts that talk extensively about God and food, God and politics, and, well anything serious that I have to say.  So please, take those posts as all the gold stars that I think that my classes deserve.

This new section will just be a few golden nuggets that are hilarious, and that only could be said in seminary.

November 4, 2008

Barack Obama has just won the presidential election:

"You are a democrat too?"  - A sweet lady in my class asked me this.  She did not say it like "You are a democrat along with the others in this room?"  Or "You are democrat along with the other millions of Americans that voted for him?"

No, it was "You are [also] a democrat too?" as in, "I have only known you for a few weeks and I have a bunch of other grievances against you.  This one, has pushed you over the edge."

2 comments:

juliereid said...

You mean you can be a democrat and a Christian? They told me I would go to hell if I registered Democrat....

Kristina P. said...

Some things are the same in all religions, aren't they?